The Career Discovery Initiative is a 6-part module. It was first created in 2001 and is regularly updated. This latest version has been brought right up to date, with fully illustrated eBooks and supporting videos. It provides everything you need to take you from uncertainty to a decision and to have you ready for job search.
Scroll to the bottom to see video intros of the 3 parts to this programme - You have the option of buying just one of the 3 parts, if you don't need the full programme
If your job is perfect stop reading now!
All great ideas need a lot of planning and life changing events are no different. Can you imagine getting married, buying a house or starting a family without attention to detail and preparation? It could mean disaster! s
Then why do so many people fail to plan for their career in the same way?
Ask yourself these questions…
- Do you dread dragging yourself out of bed on a Monday morning?
- Do you feel there are no prospects or future in your current role?
- Are you envious of others who love their jobs?
- Are you returning to work after a break and want to do something new, perhaps more flexible to fit with your lifestyle, but unsure what?
- Are you looking to change your job because your current one is making you miserable?
Well one thing is definite…
You are not alone
People all over the country are finding themselves in the same situation, feeling that they have made bad career choices or are in a dead-end job.
You may have found yourself redundant and needing a new job. Do you limit yourself on your next choice of job, by doing what you know, or do you try something new and more fulfilling?
Being clear and focused on what you want makes it easier otherwise you end up chasing too many options.
By taking control of your own life and taking positive steps you can explore careers you thought were out of reach.
You can have the career that is right for you, where you enjoy the work and wake up confident each morning, instead of hiding under the duvet.
By using the Career Discovery Initiative and turning your working lifestyle around.
This specialised programme will guide you through a process until you will know exactly the career path that will help change your life for the better.
Now before you read further, rest assured…this is not some course that someone has simply written in a couple of hours. Let me introduce myself…
I’m Denise Taylor a highly respected career psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. I have specialised in career development for more than 20 years and have written seven books about the subject. I have been featured on national television and regularly provide expert comment on the radio and in print. I’ve also won two national career awards.
I have worked on a one-to-one basis with literally thousands of clients worldwide who pay upwards of £1000, but now I have developed this programme for you. It's got all you need, but you can add on coaching sessions too.
There is nothing left out in helping you to find your ideal career. It
starts at the beginning reviewing your life to date,
getting deep to understand who you are and including creative exercises to look as wide as possible. You then follow a structured process to decide.
You will be guided through this process at every stage – only then can you define what you want out of a career.
Each of the six modules in the programme has their own video introductions as well as guidance to the exercises, to make sure that you’re clear on what to do. This means you can work through the programme in your own time, building up your self-understanding and getting clear and focused ideas about your new career path.
When you follow this programme it will help you to take account of your …
- Family background and life history – it has a profound impact on our choices.
- Skills – and how these can help you focus on a career suited to you.
- Interests – making sure you do not get bored with your chosen career path.
- Values – everybody has them, discover what yours are!
- Personal style – you are an individual, what makes you stand out?
- Desired environment – people, place and style – where do you want to be?
The six specialised modules contain extensive exercises so you need to be proactive!
The more motivated you are, the easier it will be to decide what to do.
And because you work through the programme step-by-step, you will not be left floundering on what to do next. Further modules in this initiative also show you:
- How to act and keep going through the obstacles
- How to take advantage of opportunities
- How to act in a positive way
- How to develop through a career plan and how to build one
- How to be curious and spot opportunities that others miss
- How to develop the skill of having initiative
Because organisations want people who can think on their feet and are ready to act!
Are you one of them? Are you ready to change your career and prospects?
Each module covers so much information, has so many extensive exercises and guidance notes that it would not be practical to list them all here. So here is a tiny example of what you will discover with the initiative …
Module one - My life and career
This module has been designed so you can take stock of your life and where you are now.
- Learn why looking at your life story is so important to who you are.
- Why developing a lifeline will give perspective on your life and career.
- Why family can have an impact on career choices.
- Discover how negative thoughts can be used for good.
- Identify broader life goals and use the skill of goal-setting and what you want to achieve in life.
Module two - Who am I?
The purpose of this module is to focus on you - Your achievements, passions, values and skills.
- Learn why finding out what friends think of you can identify unknown strengths.
- Uncover your personal qualities to help with powerful career decisions.
- Discover the approaches to finding out your values and how these will help you in the future.
- How identifying your abilities will highlight skills for your next job.
- How to find your natural talents – everybody has them!
Module three - Let's be creative and dream
This module lets your mind run wild and makes you think creatively as if there were no constraints in life.
- Exercises to list your wants, and ambitions.
- Making you think how you would spend a year off – and how goals from this could be formed.
- Why images are so powerful in forming emotional goals for your career and life.
- Deep thinking exercises on how you would like your life to be in the future.
Module four - Practical considerations
In this module, your focus will be on constraints and how they do not necessarily mean limiting your goals.
- Exercises to look at your ideal working environment and where you want to live.
- Financial considerations and how taking a more fulfilling job is balanced with your salary.
- How to work out risks and how they might affect those people close to you.
Module five - Career research
This module brings together what you have learnt from the earlier modules and helps identify careers to explore.
- How to create a short list of jobs using the previous information.
- Identifying what jobs tie-in with what's important to you.
- Learn the five phases of research to aid with decision-making.
- Have access links to the very best websites for your career search.
Module six - Next steps
Now you have made your choice, this module gets you ready for your job search.
- Key guidance to help you undertake fact finding interviews, informal chats, job shadowing –the tools you need to help you get the career success you deserve.
- Put into practice everything you have learned from the programme and take the initiative!
With all this information and specialist knowledge poured into this amazing initiative, you could expect to pay a premium price for the programme…
However you can purchase the career discovery initiative which includes:
…for just £99 which is a small investment for a happier life, I'm sure you agree.
You have made the first step of having a fulfilling career by reaching this point.
Now take the next step…
Sign up to the career discovery initiative and change your career – to change your life.
PS I have also included links to the very best websites, those I usually keep for my personal clients… But these can be yours when you take the initiative and sign up to the programme.
PPS Do you want to take the risk with your career and read conflicting information from the Internet… Or do you want guaranteed expert knowledge built with 20+ years’ experience in the field?